Friday, May 8, 2009

DEAR JESUS (Sara Estes)

This is the first ever recording of Dear Jesus that was released in an album, Dear Jesus, in 1994 when I was already at St. Ann's Church & Shrine in Metairie, LA. This version was sung by Sara Estes, then a sophomore at Dominican High School in New Orleans, and a long time member of my youth choir, the St. Rita Youth Choir. The piano was played by her mom, Peggy, on a Yamaha Clavinova at their residence while the vocals and the other sounds was dubbed at my HRS, Fro Audio, at St. Rita's Rectory in Harahan. This song became a permanent fixture of the youth choir who covered the 8pm Mass at St. Rita's in the early nineties.


Vocals by Sara Estes

Back-up vocals by J. Roel Lungay

Piano by Peggy Estes

All other instruments by J. Roel Lungay

DEAR JESUS

Words and music by Rev. J. Roel Lungay

1
Dear Jesus, I love you
How I don't know
Please show me the way.

2
Dear Jesus, my Savior,
My friend, my Lord.
You're all that I want
And all that I need.

Refrain:
Take me with you, Oh Lord,
Carry me through
For in you, only in you
Can I find my peace.
Take me in your goodness, Lord
This I pray
Yes, in you, only in you,
Can I find my peace.

3
Dear Jesus, I love you
I come to you
Take good care of me.

4
Dear Jesus, I give you
My self, my soul -
All that I am and all that I'll be.

(Repeat Refrain twice)

Coda:
Dear Jesus, I thank you
And I love you!

Copyright © 1993 Fro's Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved


















No comments:

Post a Comment